Friday, July 2, 2010

Books and leather

So much has happened since the demise of my computer. The computer is toast but I have a spare to use for a bit while I shop for a new one. The kids have been at various camps. My most wonderful son is gone for 2 weeks which is a mixed blessing. He needs to spread his wings but it is so so so so hard on me. Lovely daughter is home but not home. She sleeps here but is so busy I never see her during the day. Our summer is flying by.


I have not worked outside of the house for 15 years. For our family, it was important that I stay home with the kids. We sacrificed a lot by only having one paycheck to live on but it was totally worth the sacrifice. My kids are secure and happy. Now saying that, there is no way I believe that my way is the only way for happy healthy kids but it worked for my family. After 15 years, I am going back to work. I will be the librarian at the elementary school. I have sat on my degree for awhile and it is time to do something with this. I am beyond excited. I adore books so much. I love childrens literature. Next week I am off to the library to make it my own. I love the smell of books. I wish I could have lots of leather furniture in there but that would be ridiculous. I think I will make a library at home so I can have my leather smells. As this progresses I will keep you informed.

The chickens are growing so big. No eggs yet. I am thinking around the middle of August. I am also working on a little side business. I have the name but not exactly sure the direction I want to go. Dragonfly Farms will be my outlet. I am thinking of doing 2-3 festivals a year. This will be so much fun.

Off to work on the farmhouse. The Maison de Poulet needs a good cleaning but the rain is hampering my effort. Have a great 4th of July my little chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment